What's in my Emergency Kit?




You may have noticed that in my description of services,  for any wedding that I am coordinating on site, I include the use of  my “emergency kit”.  You may be asking: What exactly IS this emergency kit? What exactly do you have in there anyway? 

So, the long and short of it is that my emergency kit is carefully put together to help me solve any issues/problems/emergencies that may come up throughout your wedding day;  Did the hem on your wedding dress come down?  No problem!  Did the groom lose a button? Solved! Did the father of the groom lose his boutonniere before the ceremony? No problem, just give me a couple of minutes and I can “MacGyver” a new one! 

So just to give you an idea of what exactly is in that 'Mary Poppins' bag of mine, here is a list of some of the items I carry to each and every wedding:

On my person at ALL Times (don’t tease me about my 'fanny pack' style belt it is a necessary evil  for 'QUICK draw' fixes)

  • Cell phone
  • Advil
  • Scissors
  • Pens
  • All day of paperwork (contact info, schedules, floor plans etc) 
  • Bobby pins
  • Straight pins, safety pins
  • Hair clips and elastics 
  • Breath mints
  • Moisturizer
  • Lip balm
  • YOUR lipstick
  • batteries
  • Band-aids
  • Double sided tape

The "Mary Poppins" Style Emergency Kit: 



















Here is a list of some of the items you can find in  my 'Mary Poppins' bag (pictured above) -  I will have this bag handy during the ceremony and reception (usually stashed away out of sight - but close enough that I can get to it when I need it)

Makeup

  •  Foundation in many shades
  •  Loose powder (And brush)
  • Eyelash glue
  • makeup remover/corrector swabs
  • eyeshadow in various shades
  • q-tips
  • makeup sponges/brushes
  • Lip conditioner
Personal Care:
  • Extra nylons (in various colours)
  • Advil
  • Poly to go
  • Sunscreen
  • Bug Spray wipes
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Fabreeze
  • Moisturizer
  • Razor (hey... you never know what you will forget to pack if you are staying at a hotel the night before)
  • Powder
  • Mints
  • Spray deodorant
  • Spare toothbrush, tooth paste, mouthwash and floss
  • Feminine hygene products
  • Lint roller
First aid
  • latex gloves
  • instant icepack
  • antibacterial wipes
  • antacids
  • pain relief medications
  • band-aids
  • steri-strips
  • antibiotic ointment
Nails
  • clear polish
  • nail glue
  • white polish 
  • neutral polish
  • nail file
  • nail clipper
  • nail polish remover
  • false nails
Sewing
  • snaps
  • buttons
  • needles and thread in various colours
  • ribbons in various colours
  • double sided body tape
  • scissors
  • elastic
  • Velcro
  • Straight pins, safety pins
  • Chalk (to cover stains on bridal gowns)
Floral repair
  • zip ties
  • floral tape
  • floral wire
  • wire cutters
  • pins
Hair
  • comb
  • brush
  • bobby pins (in various shades and sizes)
  • hair clips (in various shapes and sizes)
  • elastics
  • hair spray
  • veil comb
Tool kit
  • hammer
  • Various nails/screws/hooks
  • screwdriver
  • wire
  • duct tape
  • clear utility tape
  • electrical tape
  • double sided tape
  • batteries
  • AV cords and connectors
  • Staple gun
  • Pliers
  • Twist ties
  • Glue dots
  • Various types of glue (glue gun, super glue, white glue, fabric glue)
  • Flashlight 

Office Supplies
  • pens
  • tape
  • sticky notes
  • dry erase markers
  • scissors
  • backup power charger for cell phone and electronics
And yes...  it all fits! 

















Hopefully this will put your mind at ease, that should a problem arise - I will have the solution.  Just as a back up, I also carry some larger emergency items in the trunk of my car, including a golf umbrella, step ladder and many other things... but that is a post for another day!  

Do you see anything that I am missing?  Leave it in the comments below... I would love to hear from you! 






No comments:

Post a Comment